The Arkansas Office of Information Technology was dissolved during the
Arkansas Legislative Session of 2007 by Act 751.
Responsibilities of that office were transferred to the Department of Information Systems and the Department of Finance and Administration.
Functions of OIT that were transferred are noted below with links to new locations.
Department of Finance and Administration
Department of Information Systems
- Arkansas .GOV Domain Name Requests
- Policies - A statement of a direction, principle, process, method, or procedure for managing technology. The policies ensure that the cost and use of information technology by state agencies produce the best solutions for the state as a whole.
- Standards - Standards document prescribed specifications, approaches, procedures, solutions, methodologies, or products which must be followed for compliance with the Policy to which the Standard applies.
- Best Practices - Published to share information with agencies concerning: a) industry best practices for established Statewide Information Technology Policies; and b) a recommended course of action, specification, procedure or direction. Best Practices are considered recommendations only, and compliance is not required.
- Geographic Information Office
- Technology Legislation
State Security Office