Open Positions | Recruiting Information | Salary & Benefits | Contact Human Resources
Come Join our Team!
View open positions
To apply online for any position opening, go to the Arkansas State Jobs.
Job seekers may search openings, create an employment application, or edit an existing application. Resumés may be uploaded during the application process.
The Department of Information Systems (DIS) is a leader when it comes to providing strategic and operational IT services and solutions for state, county, and local government. We provide mainframe, client server, web technology, central data processing, statewide telephone network and assist with the development of statewide IT initiatives, projects, and services.
DIS is comprised of diverse, creative employees committed to IT solutions to better serve the citizens and state agencies of Arkansas. We seek to recruit and retain skilled IT professionals who adapt to the ever-changing field of Information Technology. We desire quality people who possess required education, job related work experience, and the desire to train and grow in the IT profession.
We also desire employees with interpersonal and team competencies and the writtten and verbal competencies needed in our multifaceted IT environment.
||MS Visual Studio .NET
||GIS – ESRI
||SAP BASIS & ABAP
- We strive to build a stronger, customer-centric, service-oriented organization to better serve the State of Arkansas
- Project groups are made up of 3-10 Team Members, so you never feel lost in the crowd
- Occasional Travel may be required in some positions
- On call availability may be required
- Internal promotions and transitions are encouraged
- Training and certification opportunities are available
- Primary office location is next door to the Arkansas State Capitol, Little Rock.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary and Benefits
- Eleven paid holidays, including employee's birthday
(Additional holidays can be proclaimed by the Governor)
- Paid bi-weekly
- Direct Deposit of Payroll Check
- Sick Leave Accrual = 1 day per month (maximum accrual 120 days)
Annual Leave Accrual
||1 day per month
||12 days per year
||1 day 2 hrs per month
||15 days per year
||1 day 4 hrs per month
||18 days per year
||1 day 6 hrs per month
||21 days per year
||1 day 7 hrs per month
||22 1/2 days per year
- Flexible working hours / schedules
- Compensatory time off earned for overtime (non-exempt employees only)
- Free parking
- Annual performance evaluations
- Choice of group health insurance plans
- Free employee basic group term life insurance and optional life
- Employee credit union
- Deferred compensation plan
- Cafeteria plan
- Van pool through State Employees Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- DIS Good Neighbor Program (independently operated by DIS employees)
- Catastrophic Leave
- Years of Service Annual Payment: 10 through 14 years of state service $600
15 through 19 years of state service $700
20 through 24 years of state service $800
25 or more years of state service $900
- Stable job environment
- Technology and training opportunities
- Merit increases based on job performance