Utilizing the most powerful computing resource on the State Data Center floor, the Mainframe Transaction Processing service provides computer automation through online transactions, batch jobs and interactive sessions via TSO/CMS. This allows Arkansas agencies, boards and commissions to efficiently store, access, and process information using a highly available system.
Online Transaction Processing
Online Transaction Processing provides customers with immediate, real time access to data. By allowing customers to complete business transactions in sub-second time, this service supports the most efficient use of customer resources. Included is support for large numbers of customers executing millions of transactions at the same time. Online processing offers high availability and performance and the assurance of security for transactions and user data, supporting some of the state’s most mission critical applications.
Batch Job Processing
Mainframe batch jobs are processed without customer interaction. DIS job scheduling software submits, manages, and tracks jobs that process data in large volumes. These jobs update databases, backup files, and produce printed reports and other output. Off hour rates provide windows for processing large jobs/streams at a reduced cost.
Mainframe Transaction Processing includes:
- Off hour rates to provide cost effective processing windows for large jobs/streams
- Time tested and highly available mainframe configuration provides uninterrupted access to customer information
- Backup and disaster recovery/availability protection
- Multi-layered security
- Application development and Abend support services
- Thin Client architecture
- 24x7 Operations Support and Monitoring
- Automated production scheduling services
- Streamlined integration with legacy applications
- Robust backend performance for large Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) or Relational Database Management (RDBMS) Systems
- Problem and Change Management
- Comprehensive product and tool sets available for customer use
This service is available to customers 24 x 7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are used only when needed for scheduled changes that have been implemented through the DIS Change Management Process. In addition to the Standard DIS maintenance windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times. Standard maintenance windows are defined as 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. each Sunday.