Data is one of the most important resources for any organization. DIS Database Administration employs state-of-the-art database technologies to provide secure, accurate and timely access to this resource. DIS Database Administration supports most of today’s common current database management systems (DB2, SQL Server, Informix, Oracle, etc.) and many legacy data storage systems. DIS Database Administration also provides guidance in the implementation and maintenance of customer applications including database design and creation, advice on most efficient methods for data access and use and guidance regarding the long term impact of implementation decisions to ongoing hardware, software and support costs.
DIS Database Administration staffs certified database analysts, many of which hold multiple database management system certifications.
Database Administration services include:
- Database backup and recovery including log management and business continuity planning
- Security management at the database level
- Proactive monitoring to ensure data is available when needed
- Database management systems which are regularly updated to current vendor supported levels
- Development, creation and maintenance of physical databases from logical data models
- Assists software implementers with tuning, testing and optimizing of database accesses including stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions.
- Assists with capacity planning related to database management systems including continuous disk space management.
We are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours support is also available for critical issues. To make a request, please contact the DIS Call Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.